To ensure distancing, only a limited number of qualified and selected students will be admitted ONSITE; other students will be allowed to attend the school ONLINE (Zoom platform).
In compliance with the regulation currently in force (November 2021), the school will be open to
- 30 students onsite (please check the Covid19-related rules for admission). Registration fee: 500 euro (VAT 22% included). The fee covers: all lectures; course material; wi-fi connections; lunches and coffee breaks; social dinner.
- Up to 90 students online. Registration fee: 250 euro (VAT 22% included). The fee covers: remote access to all lectures; course material.
HOW TO APPLY: Prospective participants have to fill out and submit the form below, and upload a 1-page letter (pdf) organized as follows:
- name, department/university, current position (PhD student, postdoc, other)
- educational background
- research activity and interests
- motivations for participating in the school
Please note that any page after the first one will be automatically deleted.
PREREQUISITES: Basic notions and metrics on complex networks are required to be able to follow the entire course.
SELECTION CRITERIA: In addition to applicant quality, the Organizing Committee will consider a number of features including: the coherence of the motivation with the aim and scope of the school, the potential benefit for the student’s research, the timeliness for the development of the student’s career. Preference will be given to applicants not participating in the previous edition (2019) of the school.
The school is especially addressed to doctoral students and young postdoctoral scholars. A very limited number of senior students (e.g., assistant/associate/full professors) can be admitted, if they provide strong and convincing motivation in their application letter.
SHORT TALKS: Participants who intend to give a short talk (4 minutes) on Thursday, May 19, should declare it in the application form (see below) and provide a title and a list of keywords (from 3 to 5). As there will be room for no more than 25 talks, in case of a larger number of proposals the Organizing Committee will select on the basis of the potential interest to the audience, the coherence with the aim and scope of the school, and the diversification of topics.
• Student application: February 20, 2022 (firm deadline)
• Notification of acceptance: March 14, 2022
• Registration (only accepted students): March 28, 2022
SICC fee reduction
Members of the Italian Society for Chaos and Complexity (SICC) are entitled for a discount of 50 euros on the admission fee. After the notification of acceptance, please contact Carlo Piccardi (firstname.lastname@example.org) to inform about your membership.
The application form for Complex networks: theory, methods, and applications (6th edition) is currently closed.
For information, please contact the Organizing Secretariat (Ms. Alessandra Cazzaniga – email: email@example.com) .